Sunday, May 17, 2009

Notre Dame,... Left, Right, or On The Fence???

Revelation 3:15, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."

1 Kings 18:31, "How long halt ye between two opinions?"

Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters:"

James 1:8, "A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways."



With the passage of time, Scripture has been displayed to every generation; and has been rejected or accepted with the accompanying positive or negative consequences of those choices. A preponderance of historical referencing has documented each rise and fall of moral barometers, validated by the exclamation points of each value shift.

The aforementioned biblical excerptions illuminate the perfect will of our Father; and the duty of Christians to make life applications of them is demonstrated with constancy by similar renderings such as Eccl. 12:13, ..."Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." In other words, "choose you this day whom ye will serve;"

However, I notice how those verses aren't often picked up by "buffet-style" consumers of the Word.......but many will regret not having surveyed the serving tables a little more critically; for the Lord left no room for excuses.......

Revelation 3:17-19,..."Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and annoint thine eyes with eye-salve, that thou mayest see."


I have neither the time, nor the desire to belabor my thoughts, but with succinctness may I emphatically state;....that during the whole time frame of pastoring flocks, I NEVER relinquished the pulpit, nor placed honorariums upon anyone believing contrariwise to God regarding life, or other doctrines of God's Word; nor, have countless other co-laborers desiring to please God. 1 Peter 5:2-3, "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.


Jesus speaking of hypocrites, Mark 7:6, "This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."

In Timothy we read, 2 Timothy 3:7, "Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

John 12:43 gives us this,..."For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."


I don't pretend to know the reasoning behind Notre Dame's decision making processes, except to say they mirror the attributes of hypocrisy, weakness, and political correctness; with no consideration of spiritual collateral damages. With that said, I offer Scripture for their consideration, and meditation,......


Proverbs 22:2, "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts."

Proverbs 29:25, "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe."

Ephesians 2:8,9,.."For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."



For me and the Lord,..."but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

For me and Notre Dame,..."Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."


Often, one standing for God perceives himself as a soldier on a lonely watch, with a bleak and desolate horizon ringing their outpost; but draw strength from what Paul gives us in Timothy 4 :16-18,.."At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment